Friday 11 April 2014

Art Journal Process #2

Hi Guys!
My most recent art journal page was done in my journal that is almost full. There is not much left in it but some premade backgrounds. This page started out as scraps that I had pulled off of my table and glued down, probably almost a year ago. It has sat, waiting, for me to do something with it. Here is what I came up with!
 
 
I had no idea where this page was going, I was just wanting to do something with it. I'm still not completely convinced that it is finished, but I am happy with it for the moment. I could always go back in with something else in the future if I feel the need to. I used a Crafters Workshop stencil for the face. I am absolutely no good at drawing faces (I am working on it, though!), so I was glad to have a stencil to help me out. I did add bangs to her, I felt her forehead was a little too high for my taste on this page. She looks like she is looking off into the distance... I wonder what she sees?
You can find the process video for this page below, and under that is the supply list.
 
 
 
 
 
Supply List
 
  Background made using matte medium and table scraps
Liquitex Gesso
Water in a spray bottle
 'Pea Shoot' Martha Stewart Satin Acrylic Paint
'Mini Balzonry' stencil by The Crafters Workshop
baby wipes
'Grey' Pitt Big Brush pen by Faber-Castell
'Chicken Wire Reversed' stencil by The Crafters Workshop
Archival Ink in 'Coffee' and 'Watering Can'
Blender Tool
Golden Acrylics in 'Fluorescent Magenta' and 'Fluorescent Pink'
Stampers Anonymous Set 'Reflections' by Tim Holtz
'Roman Letters' Stencil by The Crafters Workshop
Black paint and water in a mini mister
'Mini Three-Quarter' Stencil by The Crafters Workshop
Black Pitt Pen by Faber-Castell
Masking Tape
Black Galaxy Marker by American Crafts
Golden Fluid Acrylics in 'Titan Buff', 'Burnt Sienna', 'Burnt Umber Light' and 'Pyrrole Red'
Uni-Ball Signo
Neon Blue Pitt Pen
Date stamp
Black StazOn Ink
 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment