Friday 4 April 2014

'Warm Wishes' Mixed Media Card

Hi guys!
 
I was asked to make up a  sample for my local scrapbook store using a few of my the new Prima card size doll stamps by Julie Nutting. I thought I would film the process for you. This was my first attempt at making a mixed media card. I have done cards, and I have done mixed media art journaling, but I have never put the two together! This was an interesting challenge for me!
 
 
 
I knew that I wanted to use more than one of the stamps from the set. I like how this card turned out, it is simple enough but still has plenty of texture. I also got to play with a new (to me) tool, my handy stitch! New tools are so fun! I will post my list of supplies below the video. I hope you enjoy my first attempt at a mixed media card!
 
 
 
 
Supply List
Julie Nutting 'Warm Wishes' stamp set by Prima
Strathmore mixed media paper
Golden Light molding paste
Palette knife
Golden fluid acrylics in colors:
Teal
Cobalt Turquoise
Interference Blue (Fine)
Phalo Turquoise
Water in a spray bottle
Perfect Pearls mist in 'Perfect Pearl'
Tim Holtz 'Reflections' stamp set
Jet Black StazOn
Bubble wrap
Liquitex gesso
White cardstock
Distress crackle paint in 'clear rock candy'
Derwent Intense pencils in colors:
Sun Yellow
Sienna Gold
Felt Green
Teal Green
Fuchsia
Water Brush
Caran D'Ache Neocolor II in 'Salmon'
Singer handy stitch and black thread
Fabri-Tac
Stamp-a-ma-jig
StarDust stickles
Glue glider pro
Black and white cardstock
1/4" Scor-Tape
3D foam squares
 
I should also mention that after I was done filming the foam squares were not sticking to the molding paste very well. I peeled them up and added some scor-tape onto the bottom of them and stuck them back down. They have not come up since then!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment