Friday 18 April 2014

Bee Tag

Hi guys!
 
This past week marked the end of The Crafter's Workshop design team call. I submitted my application, and one of the projects I submitted was this one.
 
 
This tag was inspired by one I found on Pinterest . I really liked the idea of using my stencil to make an embossed resist. I also used it as a template to cut out the honeycombs to add a little visual texture and dimension. One thing I attempted on this tag was to remove the embossing powder once it had been heat set, using my iron. It didn't work super well, but it was quite a thick layer of embossing. One thing that did happen though was it developed a somewhat patchy appearance, and reduced the shine of it, which really was what I was wanting. I was very happy with how this tag turned out. You can see the process video for this tag below, and under that you will find the supply list.
 
 
 
 
 
Supply List
 
 
Inkssentials Craft Tags #10 size in Manila
'Sepia' Archival Ink
'Reflections' stamp set by Stampers Anonymous
'Punchinella' stencil by The Crafters Workshop
'Vintage Photo' Distress Ink
Blender Tool
'#05 Clear' embossing powder by Tsukineko
Heat Tool
'Tawny Turquoise' Moon Shadow Mist by Lindy's Stamp Gang
Baby wipes
Travel Iron
'Coffee' Archival Ink
'Postage Collection' stamp set by Stampin' Up!
White Cardstock
Scissors
Distress markers in 'Spiced Marmalade' and 'Walnut Stain'
'Blue' Faber-Castell Pitt neon pen
Glossy Accents by Inkssentials
My Minds Eye and Prima patterned paper scraps
Fiskars two-sided craft mat
Mechanical pencil
'3D Foam Squares' by Scrapbook Adhesives
1/4" Skor-Tape
Tombo multi glue
Random flowers by Prima
'Wishes and Dreams' gemstones by Prima
Fabri-Tac
'Burnt Umber Light' fluid acrylic by Golden
'Airbrush Medium' by Golden
Metal bee sticker
Dylusions 'Say What You Mean' stamp set
'Jet Black' StazOn Ink
Black Pitt Pen
Celebrate It ribbon in Brown and Blue
Tiny Attacher
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment