Friday 7 March 2014

Week 9 of Documented Life Page

Hey everyone!

I finished my week 9 page for The Documented Life Project this week. The prompt for week 9 was 'Something you Recycled'. In keeping with that theme, I used several elements that would normally have been thrown out. I got a new shelf for my studio so I used a part of the box and also the tissue paper the shelf was wrapped in. I also used some broken buttons and a paper grocery bag.
 
 

Normally I try to work in my art journal on Fridays, but this week I was busy all weekend. So I fit it in on Monday and Tuesday. This page took me about 2 and a half hours to actually create. That does, of course, not include drying time and things like that. You can find the supply list below and watch the process of me making this page here:


 


Here is the supply list for this page.
 
Supply List
 
Old spiral bound sketch book paper
Non-stick craft sheet
Washi tape
Fluid Matte Medium by Golden
Repurposed tissue paper
Baby wipes
Sewing room die by Tim Holtz
Sheet of cardboard
Layered wings die by Tim Holtz
Trader Joe's paper bag
Golden paint in colors:
Burnt Sienna
Nickle Azo Gold
Yellow Ochre
Indian Yellow Hue
Diarylide Yellow
Hansa Yellow Light
Vat Orange
 
Water in a spray bottle
Water in a mini mister
Broken buttons
 General's sketch and wash pencil
Tim Holtz stamps:
Rockstar
Reflections
 
Archival ink in Coffee and Jet Black
Blender tool
Liquitex gesso
Pallet knife
Paper piercer
Mini brads
Gelly Roll pen in Silver Star
Scissors
Fabri-Tac
Jo Sonja's artist colors in Rich Gold
Old gift card
Regular gel matte medium
DIYthickers
Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in:
South Shore Sand
Sandra Dee Sepia
 
Heat gun
Pitt big brush artist  pen in gray
blending stump
Scor-Tape
Date stamp
 
Also pictured but not used:
Jo Sonja's paint in pale gold
Pitt Pens by Faber-Castell
 
I hope you enjoyed the video! Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful. Sure hope you make more videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am hoping to have a new video up every week.

      Delete